Saturday, April 21, 2012

Guess that's a wrap 41612

So it took a FULL two weeks to pack and ship and clean and and and.... were on our way to union station in LA. Maia has no idea that this is our trip away from everything she has known for the last 8 months. Maybe its a good thing but I can't help feeling like she has a right to know that everything is about to change. Maybe she already does. She hasn't really been sleeping or eating well. She's moody and tired. She hasn't had play dates everyday like she was and she has been seeing both mommie and daddy everyday (albeit a stressed out and generally grisly version).
I have to remind myself that like everything else from taking this job in CA and relocating across the country with a 4 month old to staying home full time with her to starting a mom group to leaving everything has to be for her good and leaving is without a doubt the one way to save her family.
Its much harder on the other side of the place we called home for the longest 8 months of my life. Granted the womyn I met sustained me. The play dates were life savers, but nothing replaces partnership when raising a small child.
All that said I wonder if there will be a fall out for her? Will she wake up one day and realize- hey that park we used to go to is gone and hey what happened to Ona and Leroy and Addison and Chloe?!? Should I rush to find her new playmates and hope she won't notice? I doubt any of them could be replaced. I can't imagine finding a better group of moms anywhere either.
Trying to be positive. Don't focus on it. Just keep moving. Hardest 8 months of my life I won't miss you at all...but the people I met during that time are lifetime allies.

No comments:

Post a Comment